Oppose the CODEX Alimentarius
- WARNING The FDA Only Gives To Jan. 16 2001 To File Comments !!!
- Even though this date has passed, please continue to contact our Senators
- Write to 50 senators and tell them what you think...Please do
your part and speak out before we can not even eat a raw carrot
in this country and /or the world...
- Update on Thomas Navarro's fight for medical freedom
A young Arizona boy is suffering from brain cancer,
and the FDA won't allow him to receive a safe
alternative cancer treatment...Your phone calls and
e-mails urgently needed...Contact your new representatives
to urge their support of HR 3677. For more information
please visit - http://www.citizens.org
WARNING The FDA Only Gives To Jan. 16 2001 To File Comments !!! Your Next Bottle of Supplements Could Be Your Last! Americans' freedom of choice is under attack from big medicine,the pharmaceutical establishment, and their allies in big government and the United Nations. visit this site for more info and please tell your friends...http://www.sightings.com/general6/vomm.htm
Write to 50 senators and tell them what you think...If you want you may use this letter to send to the 50 senators as a protest to what the FDA is trying to do without us knowing about it...
To get the list of all 50 senators send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org and it will come to you in a few minutes via our auto responder...
The email or letter to send:
In a sly move, the FDA has designated January 16th as the last date by which we consumers can protest the government's ratification of an international agreement that promises to be quite detrimental to everyone's health. To stop this agreement from being ratified, we would have to voice our opinion by January 16th, even though the international meeting at which the final decision will be made is still 11 months away! (November 2001)
So here is my opinion on the subject: We should not even be in this type of discussion! Since when does the United States participate in being governed by the world? We govern ourselves! It is our right paid for in blood! However, if our right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness has slipped out the door of our legislative branch, I ask that the following guidelines be followed:
1) I, the undersigned, user of natural health products and food supplements, ask legislators and administrators in the U.S.A., in all European countries and delegates to Codex Alimentarius discussions world wide to take into account the following:
2) Considering that international legislation on the subject of food supplements is currently under discussion at both Codex Alimentarius and in the European legislative system (Council of Europe and the European Parliament);
3) Considering further that in both venues of discussion there are heavy pressures brought to bear by pharmaceutical interests, to limit the effectiveness and the availability of natural health products and food supplements to the detriment of consumer choice and public health;
4) Considering that approved, regulated and properly prescribed pharmaceutical medicines are causing hundreds of thousands of preventable deaths each year, having become the fourth most common cause of death in several countries (see statistics and article by Ron Law from New Zealand);
5) Considering that vitamin supplements and other natural health products have a clean bill of health, having been used for decades by millions of consumers world wide without more than a handful of confirmed lethal outcomes;
6) Considering that the clearly visible pressures of pharmaceutical interests to limit the effectiveness and availability of natural health products are dictated by motives of monetary profit and considerations of market share, not by concern for the health of consumers;
7) Considering that true health preservation today is achieved through the widespread use of natural health products and supplements (see recent prevention references in Ron Law's article) and considering that consumers should not be deprived of the health preserving and health promoting means of their choice merely by reason of the distraction of legislators or the greed for profits of the mentioned pharmaceutical interests, let it be said then that the consumers of natural health products and food supplements, both in Europe and internationally, demand that legislators and administrators, in discussions concerning food supplements, take into account the following:
A) Natural health products and food supplements, in the absence of specific regulations in place internationally, have shown to possess an unsurpassed safety record and to be of great benefit to health as evidenced by scientific studies and by the personal experience of the undersigned users.
B) It does not therefore make any sense to limit the dosages of essential nutrients in supplements except where consumption of such substances has shown actual, health risks;
C) It does not therefore make any sense to limit the availability of nutrients or other ingredient substances by so called "positive lists" as contemplated in current international legislative proposals;
D) It would seriously undermine programs for the promotion of public health and the prevention of illness as well as the practice of non conventional methods of therapy, to put limits on the availability of these products, even if ostensibly "in the name of consumer protection" for these reasons, we demand that:
E) ANY EUROPEAN OR INTERNATIONAL LEGISLATION BE CAREFULLY STRUCTURED SO AS TO GUARANTEE THE FREE ACCESS TO NATURAL HEALTH PRODUCTS AND FOOD SUPPLEMENTS THAT HAVE PROVEN TO BE SAFE AND ARE IN DEMAND BY CONSUMERS, OR BE INDEFINITELY SHELVED.
F) ANY SUCH LEGISLATION SHALL NOT CONTAIN PROVISIONS LIMITING THE DOSAGES OF NUTRIENTS OR ACTIVE SUBSTANCES IN SUCH PRODUCTS EXCEPT WHERE ABSOLUTELY AND CLEARLY NECESSARY TO AVERT PROVEN, NOT FICTITIOUS OR ASSUMED DANGERS TO THE HEALTH OF CONSUMERS
G) ANY SUCH LEGISLATION SHALL NOT LIMIT THE SCOPE AND VARIETY OF NUTRITIVE AND OTHERWISE HEALTH PROMOTING SUBSTANCES BY THE USE OF ANY KIND OF LISTS, POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE, EXCEPT WHERE SUCH SUBSTANCES CAN BE SHOWN TO HAVE CAUSED DAMAGES SIMILAR TO THOSE EVIDENT TODAY IN THE PROPERLY APPROVED AND REGULATED PHARMACEUTICALLY PRODUCED MEDICINES
H) In support of these principles and requesting that legislators and administrators take into account these demands, I hereby sign:
Your Name, voting citizen of the U.S.A.